4Cs of Alameda County's VITA Tax Site is now CLOSED. Please check back in early 2019 for drop-in and drop-off tax preparation information.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program*
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) provides free tax preparation services for eligible low and moderate income families. We are part of a larger multi-county coalition called Earn It! Keep It! Save It! Our tax preparers are volunteers trained and certified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). VITA provides free electronic filing of taxes.
VITA helps families who are eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (a refundable federal tax credit for low- income working families), typically those households making less $54,000 per year.
Our VITA site is located in 4Cs Hayward office and is closed for the season. We will reopen in early 2019. Call us at 510.582.2182 ext. 3141 for more information.
Be sure to bring with you to receive free tax preparation assistance the following items:
**Returning Clients must also bring all of the following; we have new software and all information must be re-entered into the new program!
1) Photo ID for all family members on the tax return
2) Social Security Card or ITIN for all family members on the tax return
3) W-2s, 1099s, 1098s and all other tax forms
4) Savings and checking account information. Please note: routing numbers are different for the different bank accounts, make sure you have correct information from the bank.
5) All health insurance forms (1095 A,B, or C)
6) Last year's tax return
*Volunteers are needed for the 2019 tax season! Interested in helping? Find more information here.