4Cs of Alameda County's VITA Tax Site opens on January 31st for drop-off and Thursday evening walk-in tax services.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) provides free tax preparation services for eligible low and moderate income families. We are part of a larger multi-county coalition called Earn It! Keep It! Save It! Our tax preparers are volunteers trained and certified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). VITA provides free electronic filing of taxes.
VITA helps families who are eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (a refundable federal tax credit for low- income working families), typically those households making less than $55,000 per year.
Our VITA site is located in 4Cs Hayward office. Please see below for detailed site hours.
Be sure to bring with you to receive free tax preparation assistance the following items:
1) Photo ID for all family members on the tax return
2) Social Security Card or ITIN for all family members on the tax return
3) W-2s, 1099s, 1098s and all other tax forms
4) Savings and checking account information. Please note: routing numbers are different for the different bank accounts, make sure you have correct information from the bank.
5) All health insurance forms (1095 A,B, or C)
6) Last year's tax return
|Tax Site Information|
|Thursday Evenings||Monday through Friday|
|5pm-8:30pm||10am-4pm (M-Th), 10am-noon (Fri)|
|January 31 through April 11th||January 31 through April 5th|
|First come, first served||
Please allow 5 business days for
|No appointment necessary|
4Cs of Alameda County
22351 City Center Drive
Hayward, CA 94541
*Volunteers are needed for the 2019 tax season! Interested in helping? Find more information here.