Family Child Care Start Up and Support Program

Thinking about getting a Family Child Care license? 4Cs is here to help you!

CCIP Now Enrolling

 If you care about children and want to join the early childhood profession, we can help you become a licensed family child care provider.


  1. To become licensed, the first step is to attend an orientation with Community Care Licensing (CCL). Preregistration and prepayment of a fee is required. For an in-person orientation, call 510.622.2602 or visit CCL’s website for locations and dates.. If you have questions after the orientation, we can assist you with the licensing process.
  2. Next, to learn more about operating your business, sign up to attend our free trainings on business practices, child development, and providing quality care. Find the workshop schedule on our website: Trainings Calendar.
  3. Contact us with your questions and concerns. We have staff members who speak English, Spanish, and Chinese.

If you live in Fremont, Hayward, Union City, or Unincorporated areas of Alameda County AND you meet current eligibility guidelines, you may be eligible for our Child Care Initiative Project (CCIP). Participants in this project receive individual coaching and consultation to help with completing the licensing application process and setting up your home environment. Participants also receive financial incentives, such as reimbursements for business startup costs.

Southern Alameda County needs more high quality child care programs – we need you!

Contact us to learn more:

Arlene Sandoval, English & Spanish, 510-584-3134 or

Iris Lin, Chinese, 510-584-3117 or

More information about the CCIP can be downloaded in EnglishSpanish, and Chinese.

A special thanks to our CCIP funders: CA Department of Education, Alameda County, and the cities of Fremont, Hayward and Union City.