4C's Child Health and Nutrition Program
Good Eating Habits and Balanced Meals
Child care settings that participate in our award-winning national Child Health and Nutrition Program contribute to healthier children in Alameda County. Parents have the confidence that their children are eating nutritious and balanced meals and snacks, and providers receive reimbursement for participating in this important program. More than 400 child care providers have joined this program in our county.
4Cs sponsors the Child and Adult Care Food Program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture because we are committed to supporting healthy eating habits that begin in childhood.
Child care providers in the program receive:
- Monthly cash reimbursements for a maximum of (1) two main meals and one snack or (2) two snacks and one main meal per enrolled child each day. You are paid a higher rate if you are located in an area of financial need or in a household demonstrating financial need, or if you serve individual children whose parents meet income criteria. You can receive reimbursements of up to $1,000 per child per year.
- Nutrition education, including workshops, a Child Health and Nutrition newsletter, nutrition articles, curriculum handouts, and health and safety information.
- Technical assistance from our staff, including staff to assist Chinese- and Spanish-speaking providers.
- Recipes and fun cooking activities for children
- Special Programs such as Asthma-Friendly Child Care & Obesity Prevention Policies to help you help children stay healthy
Our nutrition staff has many years of experience and will assist you with creative meal planning, age-appropriate meals kids love, and tips for working with difficult eaters. Three times a year one of our nutrition representatives will visit your home to observe your meals and provide you and your children with helpful and up-to-date nutrition materials and activities.
How to enroll
If you are a licensed family care provider, call 4C’s Child Nutrition Program at 510-584-3105 for more information.
You will learn how to follow the meal planning requirements and keep daily menus and attendance records. To ensure your success, 4C’s will provide you training and all forms.
Child Health and Nutrition Provider Handbook
2012 Annual Provider Training